الأحد، يونيو 22، 2008

Creative routine

Today, for the first time in many months, I was able to sit at my computer, for more than 1 hr to finish reading an ebook. I find it quite hectic most of the times, to sit still reading on an electronic screen. It hurts my eyes, and make me feel awkward for doing 1 task at a time. Somehow my work is ruining my nervous system by going through all the multitasking routines EVERYDAY.

But today I did it and read “Time management for creative people”. Not only because its interesting and easy piece of work, but –most importantly- because I need such lifting up writings. I feel I am wasting my time and accomplishing nothing. I have no “clear” dream for the future, and I don’t even have a start to start my search. I work from 9-6, that leaves less time for myself.

This book helped me to re-think about my life.
Yes, I do check my email a lot. I am not organized when it comes to my to-do list. I don’t know a way for inspiration yet. I wake up very late. I don’t have a healthy routine. I don’t have a comfort zone. Gosh! Everything is done at anytime, with all the interrupts and distraction you can ever think of. My mobile, emails, music, people shouting, IM’s, TV.. etc. by God’s sack, I never prioritize and I never tried to be on top of anything to love it!..

This book is a good start I believe, for anyone wishing to know about simple techniques on the run. Not sure if it would work with either me or any of you, but I do believe it got something to say, something to point out and something to alert us that there is something going wrong.

Enjoy the reading.

ليست هناك تعليقات: