الأحد، فبراير 24، 2008

Before turning 18..


Zeinobia tagged me to write 6 things everyone should do before turning 18.
I’ll try to mention 6 things I regret not doing. Based on my experience, I think this way might help others, just in case.


1. Train the brain to memorize: learn to remember things and keep them safe in mind, and learn where to search for them in your memory. Memorize the Whole Holly Quran. Memorize poetry modern and new. It would really help you when you turn older.
See I’m 23, but feeling mentally exhausted with a short term memory like mine. Sometimes, it sucks. How about when I’m 50 or 80 years old, most probably would be living a world doesn’t belong to ours.

2. Play sports: Never skip PE sessions like how I used to. Force your parents to enroll you in any game. Play little and a lot. Move your body, refresh your brain. Run and swim. Learn to ride horses, and how to shoot a basketball.
I’ve never did that before, and now I regret. I try to join gym sessions, but it cost me pain all through my muscles. Its not easy, and I would never return as fit as before.

3. Learn the piano: every girl should learn the piano when she’s young. She should enrich her musical senses, it will help her later on. She’ll know how to taste arts. How to be as soft as a melody, wafting elegantly through life.

4. Read, Read and write: learn your mother tongue and other languages too. Learn German when you are young, its hard to learn it old. Read, read, read, read.. never stop reading.. make it your habit. And write. Learn how to know life thru its tiny details. Open your mind to new philosophies, and other opinions are well. Save your money for books. That’s the one thing I never regretted that I’ve really done :)

5. Mingle with people: Don’t be shy of who you are. Mingle with people and have your intellectual identity. Learn how to take your rights without hurting others or belittling yourself. Be proud of your success no matter how small, and learn how to ignore other’s negative feedback, no one would care about you as much as yourself and your parents.

6. learn how to choose the right outfit: follow beauty magazines. There is no harm for a woman to stay elegantly beautiful. She should learn how to tailor her clothes, and mix her colors. She should know how to putt make up and make her hair. Just don’t waste your money on beauty salons, but at least go there and indulge yourself every once in a while.



And I tag: Bavalova, Nuha, Sherif, Nehal, B, Jade, Tarek, Yehia, ADsabry, Dee, Gjoe, Shaimaa, Qabbani, Rain, Sara, Ana w Afkary, Mokhtar, Eyewitness and Memo... And to everyone passing :)
And for who doesn't have a blog, please reply with a comment ;)


Good luck all :) tell us what you regret not doing before 18

ليست هناك تعليقات: